Saturday, July 29, 2017

Author Interview with Rusty Trimble


Author Interview with Rusty Trimble

Name: Rusty Trimble
Pen Name: Steve McGovern (mature writing) and R. D. Trimble (YA writing)
What first inspired you to write? I was inspired to write early on by my mom and dad writing stories.  I always wanted to write my own and when I read the Elric series by Michael Moorcock, I was determined someday to become an author…it just took a while.  When my son Andrew was 2, he hated baths, so I would create little “bath shows” with action figures to entertain him.  He asked me to make them into books and that is how I got started.

How do you come up with the ideas for your stories? I came up for the idea for my upcoming book Tammany Hall (release date 08/13) by reading a lot of Nelson DeMille.  It helped me spawn the idea of a writer who is hired to write the biography of a dying Mafia Don.  For my upcoming YA novel, Middle School Madness, there are a bunch of middle school novels out there and my son asked me to write my own and it has been a lot of work, but a lot of fun.

What question do you hate the most about being a writer? There is no question I hate as a writer

Are you indie or traditionally published? I am mainly indie-published, but I do use a publisher for my Andrew Chronicles and Andrew Teen Chronicles series for now.

Have you ever tried the other style of publishing? I have used Createspace and lulu as a self-published author and my publisher “Books You Can Trust” publishing for the ones above.

What are you working on now? I am working on finishing Middle School Madness, hopefully for a Black Friday release.  I am also working on Domino Effect, a dystopian crime thriller set on Mars.

What is your most recent/upcoming release? Tammany Hall is my most recent/upcoming release, 08/13/2017 and will be sold at Mysterious Galaxy Bookstore.


Links to stalk you online:
https://www.facebook.com/RustyMeister
www.twitter.com/@rustyauthor






No comments:

Post a Comment