Sunday, July 30, 2017

Author Interview with Natalina Reis

Author Interview with Natalina Reis

Name   :Natalina Reis

What first inspired you to write? I've been writing since I was a kid. I've always been an introvert and I was very shy as a child and found it hard to express my thoughts and opinions orally, so I wrote them down. It's always been a release, some type of therapy for me. I also loved to read even as a little kid (and even before I could read, my grandma read me fairy tales and other stories) which made me want to write the stories that conjured up in my head and create magic.

How do you come up with the ideas for your stories? They come from pretty much everywhere and everything. An overheard conversation at the coffee shop, a detail in a movie, a line from a song, a picture, a sound...To give you an idea, I was sitting at the coffee shop one morning and this guy dressed in some strange Americana clothes came in. He ended up in my next story, lol.

What question do you hate the most about being a writer? Not so much a question as more of a statement when upon discovering I'm a writer, people immediately say, "Oh I've been thinking about writing a book too. I have a lot of ideas." Even worse when the same person then admits to have never read a book in their lives (true story).

Are you indie or traditionally published? Published by a small publisher, so technically traditional.

Have you ever tried the other style of publishing? I will be self-publishing a sci-fi romance in the not-so-distant future. Working on cover graphics with a designer as we speak.

What are you working on now? I'm writing the sequel to Desert Jewel, a romantic fantasy published by Hot Tree Publishing.

What is your most recent/upcoming release? My most recent release was Lavender Fields, a M/M Paranormal romance which was published earlier this month and I have a rom-com titled Blind Magic coming out later this year, in November.

Links to stalk you onlinehttps://www.facebook.com/authornatalinareis

No comments:

Post a Comment