Friday, July 28, 2017

Author Interview with Kay Thorn

Author Interview with Kay Thorn


Name:  Kay Thorn  

What first inspired you to write?   Honestly I’ve never been inspired to write like you would think. It was more of being asked to write something and questioning whether or not I could. Once I finished my first book I found that I really liked writing.

How do you come up with the ideas for your stories? From the time I was little I always had difficulty is having confrontations or talking with other people. I wouldn’t say that I was shy it was more I get stumbled on the words. So I would often have conversations in my head afterwards of how I thought it should go. Which is a lot of how my stories go and sometimes it’s not just in my head I’m speaking it out loud. As for ideas a lot of it just is the what if’s and the weird stuff in real life.

What question do you hate the most about being a writer? Don’t know of a question that I hate but my number one is the cliquish things authors and groups do. Like since I was a reader before I was a Writer, authors out there beg you to read share and review then share again. But once you write something and is much is you admire that author very few are out there willing to read your work and put it out there in support. 

Are you indie or traditionally published? Indie 

Have you ever tried the other style of publishing? I have not although I have thought about it. Where I’m at in my life right now it’s not that of easy to be blocked in by the deadline.

What are you working on now? I’m currently working on three different books. Two are spinoffs of my first book the characters that are in it appear and the first two books and it’s a motorcycle club series. The other one I’m working on is my standalone which is kind of based off of the first book but doesn’t really have the deeper character elements, that my series does.

What is your most recent/upcoming release? Last May I re-edited and added content to both of my books currently out Grains of Sand and True Bearing.  My standalone nomad book which by the way does not have a title yet should be out early fall.

Links to stalk you online: I stalk a lot of people… there’s the usual models and authors like pages. I like several author, Gm Scherbert, L Wilder, winter Travers, Lani Lynn Vale, AJ Downey, Kerri Ann, Liberty Parker, Cree Nations. I’m also involved with a group of authors that we support each other and we are so vastly different we write different genres we were write different ways, and are all over the world. We talk share and support when we can.
These are just a few.


No comments:

Post a Comment