Sunday, July 30, 2017

Author Interview with Amy K. McClung


Author Interview with Amy K. McClung

Name: Amy K McClung
                                       

What first inspired you to write? My husband. Back in 2011, I lost a job I’d been at for over eleven years. Though I had gotten another job in less than a week, I was out of work for three weeks going a little stir crazy. While on the phone with my husband one day I was talking about a show I’d been watching and how I’d have written the plot differently. He suggested I write a story of my own to take my mind of things. So I started working on a paranormal piece about a girl named Parker Harris that eventually became a 250 page book. From that moment on I realized writing was a great way to escape reality and relieve stress.

How do you come up with the ideas for your stories? Different places. My idea for The Parker Harris Series came from a tv show I’d been watching about vampires, even though Parker is a werewolf, it inspired my first book.  I have a YA Contemporary Romance, Promises in Stone, which was inspired by a  Taylor Swift song. Originally it was written as a piece for an anthology that fell through and I turned it into a longer book from there. As for my Southern Devotion Series, those books were inspired by my friends. Many of the characters were modeled after some of my closest friends. Across the Way was inspired by a song by Taylor Hicks called Places I’ve Been. I joke that apparently singers named Taylor inspire me to write! Music, and just life in general, inspire my ideas.

What question do you hate the most about being a writer? I can’t really think of one. No one’s ever asked me anything that made me cringe.

Are you indie or traditionally published?  Both. My YA books are all self-published. My Adult books are all published with Hot Tree Publishing now. Originally two of my books, For the Love of Gracie & Curves in the Road were self published before they were taken on by Hot Tree.

Have you ever tried the other style of publishing? Currently I do both self-pub and traditional. My YA novels will all stay self-published. I have found pluses with both sides of the business.

What are you working on now? Several things. For my self-published books, I am working on a YA Fantasy novel. It’s the next installment of my Crispin Sinclair Chronicles. Book 1 is The Shimmering Pool, this one will be The Glowing Sphere. Also, I am working on Book 4 of my NA Contemporary Romance series, The Southern Devotion Series. And I am working on a companion story for my Adult Contemporary Romance, Across the Way.

What is your most recent/upcoming release? My most recent release was Curves in the Road, Book 2 in The Southern Devotion Series. It’s a story about second chances, a single dad looking for love, and making sacrifices for friends.



Links to stalk you online:


Blog: amykmcclung.blogspot.com








No comments:

Post a Comment