Sunday, July 30, 2017

Author Interview with Lindsay Detwiler

Author Interview with Lindsay Detwiler

Name: Lindsay Detwiler

What first inspired you to write?

I’ve always loved writing. As a child, I filled countless journals with stories, and I even started a chapter book in sixth grade. However, I started my author journey in college. I was taking a summer class called The Literature of Health & Healing. We talked a lot about illness, terminal disease, and dreams in that class. One night, on the drive home, I started thinking about my own bucket list and dreams. Writing a book was at the top of my list. I went home that night and started writing what would become my first novel, Voice of Innocence. I really didn’t expect it to go anywhere. In fact, I didn’t tell anyone about it until years later when it was drafted.

How do you come up with ideas for your stories?
Real life gives a lot of inspiration if you are willing to look. Some stories often start with characters—I come up with characters I think would be interesting and would lend themselves to conflict. Many of my stories, however, start with a what if question. For my latest release, Remember When, my husband and I were driving home on a snowy backroad in the middle of an ice storm. The question surfaced: What if we would wreck right here? How long until someone would find us? Would we be able to survive? This prompted me to write Jessica and Todd’s story, which is about a couple who wrecks on a snowy backroad and is in a life-or-death situation.

What question do you hate the most about being a writer?
There’s not really a question I get asked the most that I hate. I enjoy talking about my writing and know people are curious. Perhaps the most common question I get is: How much money are you making? For me, it’s truly never been about the money. When I first started this journey, I never imagined I would be published. Thus, it’s always been about the love of telling the stories, not about numbers.

Are you indie or traditionally published?I’m published with the amazing, lovely Hot Tree Publishing 

Have you ever tried the other style of publishing?No, I haven’t. I prefer having a publisher who knows the market and can guide me.

What are you working on now?I just finished writing the second book in my Lines in the Sand series. I am now working on a novella as well as the third novel in the series.

What is your most recent/upcoming release?My next release is Inked Hearts, which is book one in the Lines in the Sand series. It releases on October 21st with Hot Tree Publishing and is set in Ocean City, Maryland… and features a tattooed hunk named Jesse. I’m super excited for this one!

Social links:Newsletter (Get the first three chapters of Remember When for free for signing up!): http://bit.ly/2u42BjU
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/lindsayanndetwiler
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lindsayanndetwiler
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lindsaydetwiler
Website: http://www.lindsaydetwiler.com






No comments:

Post a Comment