Friday, May 25, 2018

Author Interview with Joseph Starke


Author Interview with Joseph Starke
Name: Joseph Starke
What first inspired you to write? Primarily the inspiration gleaned from great literary minds before me, but the positive reinforcements from professors that I hold in very high regard and the gentle suggestions from people around me who said that I had a message to share with the world kind of sealed the deal.
How do you come up with the ideas for your stories? I channel life experience, the pain of traumatic events, my passion for both the things I love and hate about the world, my desires to see the change in it, and personal mental illness. When I speak of the mental illness aspect what I mean by that is that I use its otherwise negative effects as a pivot point for creativity. Where others use imagination, I harvest delusion and spin it into yarn.
What question do you hate the most about being a writer? Can you “dumb this down so I can understand it?” No, that's what makes my art original and that is why we have dictionaries and Google. I did the work, you need to do yours.
Are you indie or traditionally published? I am in the process of being traditionally published.
Have you ever tried the other style of publishing? Not currently
What are you working on now? I have three separate novels going on at once currently. Two remaining in a trilogy, one more fantasy/fiction, and one proposed that will be comedy/satire.
What is your most recent/upcoming release? Borderline Crush


No comments:

Post a Comment