Friday, May 25, 2018

Author Interview with Amanda Kimberley

Author Interview with Amanda Kimberley
Name: Amanda Kimberley
What first inspired you to write? I've been writing since the age of 9. It's kind of like breathing to me. I just have to do it in order to feel whole.
How do you come up with the ideas for your stories? Real life events that spark story ideas. One story actually came to me while I was on vacation in Salem, MA. I went on a candlelit walk and heard tons of stories about the accused and then I felt compelled to write a story about Bryana.
What question do you hate the most about being a writer? I'm writing a book about... can you give me publisher company names that would publish the book? It's not that I don't help or want to help people in the writing business—don't misunderstand! It's just that that question is FAR TOO vague to answer properly and it also shows me that the person asking has not done any research about the writing business on their own. One of the first things I learned when taking my college course studies to become a writer WAS to research any potential publisher that I may want to send my manuscript to.
Are you indie or traditionally published? I am a hybrid author/writer.
Have you ever tried the other style of publishing? I've done both.
What are you working on now? A contemporary romance entitled Down by the Willow Tree.
What is your most recent/upcoming release? I have a story in an anthology called Wicked Nights of Summer that is scheduled to release on June 21st.


No comments:

Post a Comment