Sunday, November 27, 2016

The Merits of being Idle

Every once in a while, you have to take a day off. Relax. Chill. Be lazy. Basically, recharge.

I've been going 9 to 90 this past month, working at pounding out one of the sequels to Family Fortune. I'm getting close to finishing the first draft and I have to say, it's shaping up quite nicely. There's a bit more action than in Family Fortune, but that's a good thing, right? I'm hoping I can finish it off by the end of the month so I can do the second draft of it and get it to where it's presentable to the publisher by the middle of next month. But you know what Dickens said about the best laid plans of mice and men.

Being off today really did help. I got to spend time with my family - most of whom I hadn't seen in a while. I got to do my nails. Which sorely needed it. Even got my laundry hung up and put away. Amazing the things you can do when you aren't agonizing over plot lines and plot twists and how you are going to bridge from this scene to the next one. Okay, okay, I confess, I did a little work on the book today, but I swear it wasn't much. Just ironing out a kink in the grand scheme of things and having one character confess a change of heart to everyone and then dealing with the fallout from that. Yea, I love writing. It's an addiction with me. But it's better than a lot of other addictions I can think of.

So, happy Sunday everyone! I hope you enjoyed the day off as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment