Saturday, November 12, 2016

Hitting your stride

Ok, two parts to today's blog. First, I'm really hitting my stride on the sequel to Family Fortune, called Family Lessons. I think you are really going to like it, it has highs, lows, quirks, and OMG it's fun and sexy!! Emma may have been prim and proper, but her brother certainly is NOT!

I've been working on it as my NaNo project (national novel writing month or NaNoWriMo). Started it on November 1st with just an outline and some of the characters down. I'm at over 47,000 words so far. I tell you, if you want to write, do NaNo. It teaches you so many things to help you get the words down so that you have something to work with.

There are apparently three types of writers. Pantster - who fly by the seat of their pants. Planners - who have all the research done, the outline mapped out, characters detailed. And plantsters - who are a mix of the first two. As far as NaNo go, I'm a plantser. I have to have an outline before I can write. If I don't my story runs off in ever direction and my POV is all over the place. I'm learning how to control both those things though, much to the relief of my editor and publisher (you're welcome Peggy and Becky!). I love what I do!

On to the second part! THREE DAYS LEFT TIL Family Fortune is LIVE! OMG I'm so excited and nervous at the same time! I love everyone that has been along with me for the journey, Ms. Sandy, my first reader who encouraged me to keep writing, even through all my life upsets. You are my first line cheerleader and I love you so much. Thank you. I can't tell you how much your support has meant to me though all this.

Anyway, Like I said, THREE DAYS TIL WE ARE LIVE!

New tours and blitzes (ARCs available)
Family Fortune by Kathleen Eyke: https://goo.gl/forms/6J9lX06c5WkaUG1P2


TBR: www.goodreads.com/book/show/31374983
Defying the restrictions of society, Emma Johnston plans to become a teacher and help broaden the lives of young women. Society, her father, and even her own heart betray her and leave her longing for a different life entirely.
After having run up considerable debt, Emma’s father needs her inheritance from her maternal grandfather and he has a plan that seems guaranteed to get it for him, until Roger Starnes steps in and rescues her.
Together, the headstrong heiress and her protector scheme to stop her father and allow her to live her life, on her terms.
Links:
All links: books2read.com/familyfortune
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2fYLQ2w
Amazon UK: www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M4NAH3R
Amazon AU: www.amazon.com.au/dp/B01M4NAH3R
Amazon CA: www.amazon.ca/dp/B01M4NAH3R
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id1168813613
Nook: www.bn.com/w/1124998235
Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/family-fortune-3
ARe: www.allromanceebooks.com/product-familyfortune-2170869-368.…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment