Friday, November 18, 2016

My Favorite Season

Fall has FINALLY arrived here in the south! I love the cooler weather (80 degrees instead of 100+), the colors, the football, the general winding down of the year. Doesn't hurt that certain things that are unmentionable are now over with (if people will quit whining about it that is).

I love breaking out my blankets and having bonfires, toasting marshmallows and making s'mores. There's really nothing like it. Despite what some people may think, nothing can take the place of a real s'more. Granted this time of year brings some chores that are sad, like closing the pool, and some chores that are a pain, like raking the leaves, but all in all, it's a great time of year.

Fall is my favorite season. It is when all the festivals and carnivals and fairs happen. Weekends are spent wandering the long rows of crafts fairs or taking rides on Ferris wheels while eating cotton candy. I love taking rides through the country roads and looking at the foliage changing, like Mother Nature pulling out all the stops and dazzling us before taking a nap before Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment