Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sewing my way to Christmas

I enjoy sewing. Maybe not as much as I like to crochet, but it's a little easier on my hands because I don't actually have to do as much for the sewing, just guide stuff through the machine. This year though, I'm just doing a few gifts. Not many people made the list for me to make them a Christmas present. What I'm making this year ranges from table toppers, quilts, afghans, and candle wreaths.

I'm enjoying making the candle wreaths. It's a creation that I found on Facebook, made from 12 6" squares, then you sew them together at an angle to make a circle. I've done a couple for Thanksgiving toppers so far, and REALLY like the results. I'm in the process of making the squares for the Christmas ones.

I'm rather proud of myself. But this one is a gift, not the one I'm keeping. Kinda ran out of fabric so I had to make mine a bit smaller. But it's still pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment