Monday, November 21, 2016

My New Families

I know it sounds weird, but I have two new families that are very much a large part of my life. I have my family I work with, which consists of my publisher, editor, proof reader, and the other writers at my publishing company (AWESOME bunch of people, lemme tell ya!) and my family I work on, which is the group of people that inhabit my mind that I write about.

Everyone asks where inspiration comes from. It's hard to say for everyone. Mine started with a girl named Emma, who wanted to be a teacher so bad she could taste it. You read about her in the first book in my #southernfamilytiesbooks series. Then there's her cousin, who started out in Emma's book as a supporting character, but soon demanded her own book to tell her story of finding happiness. Along the way, other supporting characters from Emma's book have also begun to demand their own books to tell their stories.

Other story lines (yet to be fully developed and written) come from odd snippets of conversations, things you see, things you hear, situations you find yourself in, videos you see online, you know, life. Art imitates life, someone once said, and for me, I'm lucky because my art has become my life and my family.

It does still worry me some that the supporting characters who turn into main characters are expressing concern over my love life, or lack thereof lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment