Thursday, November 10, 2016

Animals and Daylight Savings Time

    America is odd. I know that seems strange coming from an American, but I'm honest enough to admit it. One particular oddity is that we observe Daylight Savings Time. It was proposed (depending on who you talk to) by either Benjamin Franklin or George Vernon Hudson (of New Zealand). It is observed by over 70 countries world wide. So it's not just an American thing. Don't ask me which 70+ countries observe it. I couldn't tell you.
    But that isn't really the point of this blog entry. My poor puppy, for all that she is super smart (ok I'm biased), does not really know how to read a clock. She knows what time she is supposed to get fed. According to her tummy, dinner time has come and gone. She's adorable when she comes and begs for dinner. I've been working her feed time back in small increments all week, she's almost to 5 pm now (again). But it's hard to look at her cute little furry face with her ears perked so sweetly as she impersonates a certain cartoon character. She's not as annoying as that character is though.
    But on the flip side, she does seem to do okay with the spring part of DST. Getting her food an hour early seems to agree with her tremendously.

No comments:

Post a Comment