Friday, September 29, 2017

Random Thoughts

Life is really strange. You grow up, being force fed one set of expectations. Then things happen. Like LIFE. And somehow you don't get the result you grew up being told you would. I mean, you can do everything perfect, but if one little outside thing happens, it can throw your whole life into a tailspin.

For example, you can be the absolute best driver in the world. But let the worst driver cross your path, and BAM! your life changes. It's not through any fault of your own, but an outside force that acts on you.

This is really frustrating for the control freak in me. She wants all the little ducks in a row and if they try to wander out of line, she wants to nail their feet to the ground to keep them in place. Meanwhile, the animal lover in me is hiding all the nails so she can't do that. Makes for a very messy life. And they start bickering in my head and after a while, I just want to scream at them to shut up, and .... ummm... you aren't going to tell my therapist about this, are you? <nervous laugh>

But anyway, there is it. Life isn't just what you make of it, it's also what happens to you that you cannot control, and how you deal with the things that happen that you can't control. I'm coping the best I can, and have made every effort to minimize the outside influences. It seems to be working but I know in the long run, being a hermit just isn't a good thing. But it works for now.

Join me next time for my discussion on things people say that I can't stand. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment