Friday, February 3, 2017

Stubborn characters

Stubborn characters are the bane of my existence. I've been trying to get mine to finish up their story so I can finally submit it to the publisher. Are they finishing up? Oh nOOOOOOOOOooooooooo. Can't have that! Stubborn characters are stalling on me, insisting that I work backwards, go back and do revisions before something is finished. It's really messing with my flow of things.

I know I've talked about it before, but really, you don't control your characters, not really. They determine what happens, when and how. You are simply the vessel through which they tell their story. And right now, these two are refusing to say a peep. I wish I could reach into the story line and spank them. Or at least shake them some and make them spill the beans. I already know how things will end. That's a given. It's a HEA story, so I have the happy ending written. It's getting there that is the issue.

Okay, I'm going to go pound some keys in the hopes that will loosen their metaphoric tongues and cause the story to flow. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment