Sunday, February 26, 2017

Background noise

I have discovered something about myself. I cannot write without background noise to block out reality. And I apparently don't care how good or bad the music is, as long as it's something I can ignore.

How did I figure this out? Well, I had been rolling right along with my current WIP, making lots of headway until this afternoon. I got into chapter 27 (there's 30 right now but I might need to go back and add a chapter to develop the story a little), and hit a snag, and tried to smooth it out and it JUST. WASN'T. WORKING. Nothing I did was making any sense. I wrote, deleted, wrote, deleted, distracted myself (aka played on Facebook), and kept trying, and nothing worked.

Then it hit me. I needed music.

Badda bing badda boom. Less than 5 minutes into it and I had it smoothed out and flowing. Working chapter 29 now, and yes I will be going back and adding a chapter to develop the story a bit more. I should have this turned in Tuesday. Woohoo!! Just in time for me to start my Lent project!!

No comments:

Post a Comment