Friday, July 27, 2018

Author Interview with Skye McNeil

Author Interview
Name: Skye McNeil
What first inspired you to write?
When my parents returned from a trip to the UK, I became obsessed with Scotland and wrote my first novel length story after seeing photos of the scenery and reading the history there. After that spark, the biggest thing that inspired me to write was the chance to visit new places and explore worlds other than my own

How do you come up with the ideas for your stories?
Most of the time, my ideas come from dreams. It may seem odd, but I’ll wake up and have a new story idea that I immediately start jotting down. Most of my stories come to me in that way.

What question do you hate the most about being a writer?
I’m not fond of when people ask if they’re in my stories. Or when they ask if I can put them in my stories.

Are you indie or traditionally published?
I am indie published for 99% of my books. The other 1% of my books are self-published.

Have you ever tried the other style of publishing?
As I’ve only been indie or self-pub, I’ve never tried another style. Of course, I’ve sent my stories to tradition publishers, but I love the indie family.

What are you working on now?
Right now, I’m editing book one in the Atlas Series and writing/editing book two in the same series. I also have a few other stories I’m between editing and writing. It’s safe to say, I’m always busy.

What is your most recent/upcoming release?
I recently released book two in the Collegiate Peaks series, St. Elmo, on July 10, 2018. My next upcoming release is the beginning of 2019.


Links to stalk you online:


No comments:

Post a Comment