Friday, July 27, 2018

Author Interview with Cam Johns

Author Interview
Name: Cam Johns
What first inspired you to write?
-Writing has always been a part of me in one way or another. As a teenager, I started with mainly poetry and short stories, but as I got older, life took over and I had less and less time to write. About five years ago, my fiance was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and I found myself needing an outlet, and a way to channel my own frustrations that come with such a harsh diagnosis. Because the disease can be so hard on him, it becomes difficult to witness and there’s nothing I can do about it. Therefore, I returned to writing. I began with poems at first, but eventually I wrote a book that he pushed me to publish. I just didn’t expect that one book to become a trilogy.
How do you come up with the ideas for your stories?
-Normally, I just let the stories write themselves. There was never one thing that happened where I decided to write a book because of it. However, there are people I have run across that helped me character build.
What question do you hate the most about being a writer?
-There isn’t one question that truly hate...However, what annoys me is how often I get inappropriately hit on because I’m an Erotica author.
Are you indie or traditionally published?
-Indie
Have you ever tried the other style of publishing?
-I tried the traditional route, but that took me nowhere.
What are you working on now?
-I’m working on two anthologies, two spinoffs from my Arousing Series, and a book i’m writing with another author.
What is your most recent/upcoming release?
-The finale to my Arousing Series, Arousing Inferno, was released in June.
Links to stalk you online:
Facebook Reader Group: www.facebook.com/groups/CamSquad



No comments:

Post a Comment