Friday, July 27, 2018

Author Interview with Shay Stone

Author Interview
Name: Shay Stone
What first inspired you to write? My first book was a self-help book. I was in an accident and suffered from chronic pain as a result. Trying to make a positive out of a negative, I wrote the book hoping to help others deal with their pain and know that they weren’t alone.
How do you come up with the ideas for your stories? Usually they wake me up out of a dead sleep in the middle of the night. Sometimes it’s a song I’ve heard. Other times I’ll get a pivotal conversation in my head and think what led them to that point. Voila! There’s a book.
What question do you hate the most about being a writer? Why aren’t you famous yet? (Usually followed up with “Obviously you haven’t found the right marketing technique.”
Are you indie or traditionally published? Both – but my publisher has taken a step back and may be closing the company. She doesn’t publish contemporary romance, which is why I self-published The rise to Fame.
Have you ever tried the other style of publishing? Yes
What are you working on now? I’m finishing up the editing on The Cost of Fame, the second book in my duet that is coming out in September. I am also working on a new novel that I am so excited about, but haven’t quite settled on a title yet.
What is your most recent/upcoming release? The Rise to Fame was released a little over a week ago. The Cost of Fame is due out in September.
Links to stalk you online: Yes, please stalk me!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment