Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Ice cream and Writing

There are times that call for you to go above and beyond. That call for you to make sure you finish your task, no matter what the task may be or the sacrifices that must be made. For me, writing is one such thing. I will sacrifice things for it that I wouldn't sacrifice for just any old job. I sacrifice going out, being with family and friends, being in the moment, tons of things that most people take for granted.

There are other things that call for sacrifice. Like losing weight. I know we all know it's that time of year when everyone makes those infamous New Year's resolutions that last maybe a month, but I really do need to lose weight for my health. I've decided I've got to give up ice cream. Which is something I love. But my health has to take a more important place in my life.

So hang with me folks, I'm going cold turkey. No more ice cream will be bought and brought into this house. I also will not be buying  single serve portion of it and eating it in town. I have to do this. If I can eliminate one bad food from my pantry a month, I will not only have pretty slim pickings, but I might also be able to get pretty slim myself.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment