Monday, January 30, 2017

Hurry up and wait

This has been the story of my life here the last few days. Hurry up and pack. Hurry up and wait. Hurry up and sit on your thumbs because the closing keeps getting pushed back and pushed back and pushed back. Tempted to charge them for my time every time they push the closing back again.

Now I'm labeling boxes as to what can go immediately to the new place and what needs to stay put until the final move this weekend. It's very unsettling for someone with anxiety to move. But hopefully this will be the last time for the move. I know I really don't want to have to move my parents again. Last time it took somewhere around 30 boxes to move all the books alone. I'm dreading clearing their living room to redo the floor in there. They have a floor to ceiling book case that is about 7 feet long and goes about 9 feet up. Slam packed full of books. It's ridiculous.

But we love books in my family. I write them, my dad writes them (as T.E. Christopher), and believe it or not, my grandpa wrote a book that was published and is listed in the library of congress. Something of a family affair.

Speaking of which, I need to get back to work on my next novel, which is really close to being ready to submit to the publisher.

Toodles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment