Tuesday, January 3, 2017

And Morpheus still hates me

I don't know what I did as a child to make Morpheus hate me. I really don't. Maybe I flirted with his cousin too much or I called him Somnia by mistake. I don't know. I really don't. But here I am, listening to the rain fall outside and it's going on 3 am, and I can't get to sleep.

Not that not being able to sleep is anything new for me. I rarely can get to sleep without the help of some kind of sleep aid. Most of them only work for a week before I get used to them and they stop working though. Doesn't take ol' Mr. Morpheus long to catch on and eliminate any help I get in that arena. I just wish he hadn't recruited Somnia and Noir to join him in boycotting me. Insomnia sucks.

And it's not just the physical things, like the perpetual raccoon eyes I sport. It's the toll it takes on you physically and mentally. Not being able to sleep also results in short term memory problems, health issues, and umm, dang it I forgot what else. But there are studies done on it all over the place. People ask me how I get so much done. I reply, lists and a lack of sleep.

I do have to admit that it came in hand when I was working on my undergrad. Working full time, taking a full load and living 45 minutes from campus was hard. If it weren't for my insomnia, I don't think I would have made it. Things did get easier when I started on my grad studies and could go online. But getting up at 0200 to be at work at 0245 and not seeing my bed again until 2000 was rough, lemme tell you. I survived. And graduated. :)

I do wish Morphie would lighten up though. I really need some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment