Friday, October 28, 2016

Things that don't mix

In life, you learn things that work together. Peanut butter and jelly. Hamburgers and fries. Friends and good times. Some of these things are natural, some are surprising but in a good way. Some are not such a good match. Like oil and water, kerosene and a lit match, any fuel and a lit match for that matter. Other things are really not conducive to productivity. Like muscle relaxers and authors.

Muscle relaxers are wonderful things, if used appropriately and according to directions. I am not in any way advocating drug use. But, when you have a pulled muscle or a bulging disk that hurts so bad that you can barely move, you have to break down, jump the mental hurdle you have against using a drug, and just do it. And do it I did. Those who know me, know that I don't like taking medicine. I find most of it to be disgusting (tasting anyway), and the side effects, while sometimes humorous, are nearly always inconvenient.

I tend to get loopy when I first take a muscle relaxer, and then I inevitably go to sleep. Sleep is the best healer I've found. Granted there are times that I need to get up and move so that I don't get stove up, sleep is still by far the best healer there is. The WHEN that muscle relaxers causes the sleep on the other hand, is really, really inconvenient. Like today. I had a ride arranged and was supposed to go up to the DMV and get my license updated (I got divorced and I get to take my maiden name back YAY), and the muscle relaxer did its job, and I fell out lol. The person taking me up there could NOT for the love of anything, get me to wake up. Completely missed the DMV today. Guess I'll have to go Monday. But at least I was smart enough to not try to drive after I took it. 

Other areas that they don't work so well include, but are not limited to: writing, cooking, cleaning, walking, talking, of course driving, you know the typical areas where you need to pay attention. These could result in things that you don't really want to have happen, happening. Kinda like getting drunk in Vegas and meeting someone that you think is sooooo cool when you are drunk and you figure it's a great idea to get married, and then you wake up the next day, married to a stranger. Not that that has ever happened to me...

#southernfamilytiesbooks

No comments:

Post a Comment