Tuesday, October 25, 2016

My dog is a junkie...

My dog is spastic. I'm sure most pet owners can relate to that. I have recently discovered that she is a junkie. We painted the house recently, 5 rooms. While we were painting, of course, you have the paint trays sitting on the floor, paint cans open, that wonderful get-you-high smell wafting from both, even with the windows open and a fan going to reduce it. The silly thing would sit there, stick her nose into the paint can, inhale deeply, get some paint on her nose, and eat it. After we caught her doing it, we would lock her in a different room while we painted, cause, well, we TRY to be responsible pet owners. But she's a junkie. Seriously. She would bark and howl and whine because she could smell that we were painting, but we weren't letting her eat the paint to get high. Silly dog. I need to send her to doggie rehab. Is there a such thing?

Now, I wonder if the latex paint didn't give her brain damage. I know we rearranged the house, upsetting her somewhat since it's been forever since we moved furniture around. We got rid of a lot of junk, which I'm grateful for because I live with some major pack-rats. This was also upsetting to the dog. Now, she thinks she's a vulture. She will walk around things, and I don't mean just a detour, I mean vulture-circling-the-dead walk around things, her nails clicking on the hardwood floor, for HOURS. Drives me mad. I will call her name and she will stop, cock her head to the side and look at me. I tell her to go lay down, she sniffs at me, then proceeds to walk the other way. Every once in a while, she will think she has found something, likely a water bug or some such, and will pounce like a cat on whatever it is. She thinks the empty 12-pack drink boxes are great fun. And I have to confess, I mess with her mind by nudging them when she's close by to make her think something is in them. She hasn't caught on yet, lol.

#southernfamilytiesbooks

No comments:

Post a Comment