Monday, October 24, 2016

Learning (anti)Social Media

I'm no tech-geek. It's no secret among my friends and family that really, potatoes are more electronically inclined than I am since if you stick a meter reader in them, you will read an electrical charge. Me, not so much. My friend Mikey is trying to teach me how to work social media, and really, I feel kinda sorry for him. It'd be easier all around if I could just write the posts and let him do the rest, but he's being stubborn and is convinced that I can learn it, if I'd just apply myself.
How, exactly, does one 'apply yourself'? Seriously. I know I need to learn it, but it's like there is this short circuit between my ears and my brain when it comes to this stuff. I really think that once my brain finds out that there is a technology lesson going on, it screams "abort, abort! take cover! Incoming!!" and runs and hides. I can hear what he's saying. I even can nod and say, yea, sure, uh huh. It doesn't make it into the brain though. Not really. It doesn't help that the dog sits next to me, stares at the screen, looks at him and then looks at me like, "Okay, I get it, why don't you?" Infuriating pooch. She needs to stick to imitating a cat, with her pouncing on boxes. But at least she likes my book.
#southernfamilytiesbooks

No comments:

Post a Comment