Sunday, October 23, 2016

Of dogs and doctors...


My dog, Peanut Butter, has been up my mmhmm for the past week. Guess she knows that I'm nervous. Went to the doctor the other day for my regular checkup. I think the day I went was the the day for blood pressure issues. One lady fell out in the lobby because her BP fell too low. RN took my BP and it was really high, but  had just seen someone fall out in the lobby. BP for the RN was somewhere around 173/94? RN was alarmed and I almost ended up on a different BP med.
Took almost TWO HOURS of me sitting in the room to get completely seen. Had to do a blood test for my A1c (it improved, yay!). By the time I finally got to the end of the visit, the PA came in and was like, well we are worried about your blood pressure because it's so high.
Me: well she used the smaller cuff so that's probably why
PA: that shouldn't have made a difference, considering how tone your arms are.
Me: it always has before. I have to have the large cuff or it reads high.
PA: ok, well let's just use what we have here (which happened to be the larger cuff)
      (bp taken, comes out as 112/82)
PA:oh, well it's down. It must be because we rushed you back here earlier and you had seen someone fall out in the lobby earlier
Me: or because the RN used the smaller cuff and I told her I need the large one.
PA: I don't understand why you would need the larger cuff, your arms are so tone.
Me: yea, people always tell me that I don't have a fat person's arms or legs (thinking to myself, you are basically telling me the same thing)
PA: (shocked look on face), people actually tell you that?
Me: yep, all the time
PA: do they think it's a compliment or something? Oh my gosh
Me, laughing: I guess so, I don't know

Mind you, she's this little slim trim young thing, I'm almost 40 and have a lot of padding for the upcoming winter months. I could stand to lose about 80 to 100 lbs. But I really don't have a fat person's arms or legs.

#southernfamilytiesbooks

No comments:

Post a Comment