Monday, December 12, 2016

I did it my way...

As the end of 2016 draws close, a lot of us are prompted to look back over the year usually by Facebook. To date I have declined to do this. There are a lot of reasons as to why I have not wanted to look back over this year. To be completely honest about it it wasn't really that great of a year for me. At least, not at first.

2016 for me started off pretty freakin bad. It has, however, ended up going out with a bang. I started out the year not sure where I was going without a contract, without any means of supporting myself, pretty much I was lost. Then I sent my book out (several times) and I got a publishing contract and things have been fabulous ever since.

I've learned over the past year that while you do have to keep in mind where you have been, you cannot allow where you have been to dictate where you will go in life. I managed to get out of an abusive marriage. I managed to get a publishing contract for a book that I worked for a long time to finish. I also even hit the All Romance ebook bestseller list with my book.

In short, I guess what I've learned the most from this year is even when you feel like you have hit rock bottom so hard that you found new depths to it, things can turn around. You just have to keep believing in yourself. Which is, admittedly, one of the hardest people to keep believing in.

No comments:

Post a Comment