Monday, December 5, 2016

Christmas movie???

I just found out that Die Hard is considered a Christmas movie. I had no idea. I thought it was an action movie.Of course, I must profess ignorance on my part, I've actually never seen any of the Die Hard movies. Ever. If that makes me wrong, I don't ever want to be right.

So what to you says Christmas Movie? Or Christmas? For me, it's putting up the tree and the music. The scented candles I burn in the house to imitate the scent of an evergreen tree and the goodies that only seem to get baked around that time of year. We don't get snow down my way very often, so yea, we have to make our own sense of the season. I love the rehearsal for the Christmas Pageant at church, hearing the kids recite the lines that we all learned when we were their age. The Christmas carols. 

My favorite three Christmas movies are "It's a Wonderful Life", "Miracle on 34th Street" and "The Bells of Saint Mary's". There's one particular scene from The Bells that I always found funny but also appropriate. The children are supposed to pick a song to sing to Jesus, and the nun is asking them which one they chose. Instead of telling her, they start singing "Happy Birthday" to the baby. That one small moment reminds me every year that it's Christ's birth that saved up all. He didn't distinguish between race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, or anything else. 

Anyway, that's enough on religion for now.  Season's blessings on all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment