Saturday, May 26, 2018

Author Interview with Amy K. McClung


Author Interview with Amy K. McClung
Name: Amy K McClung
What first inspired you to write? My husband. Back in 2011, I’d lost my job of 11 years and I was stressed and anxious about trying to find a new one. My husband, Daniel, called me on lunch to check in on me and see how my day was going. I began telling him about a show I’d been watching and how the storyline was super predictable and the way I would’ve written it differently. He suggested I write my own story. So that afternoon I started writing a story about a teenage werewolf and, even after starting a new job a few months later, I continued writing. Six months later I had a two-hundred and fifty page manuscript. I began looking up how to self publish and the rest is history.
How do you come up with the ideas for your stories? Many of the stories in my books are based on my own experiences, the characters are based on people I know. When I’m having trouble coming up with ideas or scenes, I use music to inspire me. I have two books based on songs. My book Promises in Stone was inspired by Taylor Swift’s Love Story. Originally it was written as a 10K word novel for an anthology but when the anthology didn’t happen, I expanded it to release as a novella. Across the Way, one of my Adult novels, was inspired by a Taylor Hicks song titled Places I’ve Been. Apparently, I’m inspired by Taylors!
What question do you hate the most about being a writer? Mostly when people say, “So, tell me about your books,” because even though I wrote them that question makes my mind go completely blank. I try to explain the story without giving away too much and end up talking in circles!
Are you indie or traditionally published? Both. I started as an indie/self-published author and I have six YA novels, in Paranormal and Contemporary Romance, which are indie/self-published. I became traditionally published with Hot Tree Publishing and have released six books with them in NA Contemporary Romance, Romantic Comedy, Adult Romance, and M/M Romance genres.

What are you working on now? Currently I’m working on the editing process of my fourth and final release in my NA Contemporary Romance series. I’m also working on book 2, The Glowing Sphere, for my Crispin Sinclair Chronicles. I have a few other books in the works as well, mostly just ideas that I’m trying to work out the details on.
What is your most recent/upcoming release? My most recent release was in March. My first Romantic Comedy titled A Little Spark. It’s about a badass female firefighter who finds her match in wit and snark. My next release is coming in August. It’s called Twisted Fate and it is Book 4 of The Southern Devotion Series, my NA Contemporary Romance Series. This will be the final installment of that series.

Links to stalk you online:
Website: http://amykmcclung.blogspot.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/AmyKMcclung
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmythaMcclung
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6421342.Amy_K_McClung
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Amy-McClung/e/B0084PYM7K
Newsletter sign up: https://www.facebook.com/AmyKMcclung/app/100265896690345/

No comments:

Post a Comment