Saturday, August 26, 2017

Author Interview with Kathleen Eyke


Author Interview With Kathleen Eyke

Name: Kathleen Eyke

Pen Name if different: Kami Larke

What first inspired you to write? I’m not really sure. With the Southern Family Ties series, it was because I was tired of reading books where I had to keep a score card to keep up with who was in bed with whom and was tired of dodging clothing flying at me from all directions. With the Kami Larke books (which are NOT clean and wholesome, hence the use of a pen name to keep the two separate), I wanted to challenge myself and set out of my comfort zone.

How do you come up with the ideas for your stories? The Southern Family Ties series started out very loosely based on stories told to me about life in my area by one of the oldest residents of my town before she passed away. The characters just sorta took on a life of their own and started demanding their own books. I’m now up to 11 books in the series, with 3 written, 2 more outlined and the premise for the rest written down.

The contemporary books are drawn from life.

What question do you hate the most about being a writer? I hate when people ask what I do with my time. I’m forever writing, or doing something writing related. I may look like I’m surfing the internet, but usually it’s some form of research, name searches, research into historical times, looking into the occult, the list goes on.

Are you indie or traditionally published? My #Southernfamilyties series is traditionally published, while my Kami Larke work is indie for now.

Have you ever tried the other style of publishing? I had done indie publishing before I was traditionally published, but I think having a publisher has worked out for the best for me. I have learned so much that I never would have learned on my own.

What are you working on now? To the delight of my #sporkarmy, I am working on book 4 in the #southernfamilyties series, which is about Jerome. I also have two books under Kami Larke that are finished and one is set to release in the next couple weeks.

What is your most recent/upcoming release?

I just had a book release yesterday, for Family Lessons, which is about Edmund, Emma’s brother.

I have one book in the #southernfamilyties series pending, Family Values (Liz). I also have my indie book written under the name Kami Larke, Her Only Defense pending. The second book in that group, Blindsided, was just sent to the editor.



No comments:

Post a Comment