Wednesday, February 8, 2017

It finally happened

It happened at church tonight, after Bible study concluded. The person that leads us had bought a copy of my book, more for support than anything else I think, and had brought it in for me to sign. He told me he had finally gotten a chance to get past page 10 (he started reading and got interrupted at page 10) and was really enjoying it. As he's a retired professor, that he likes my writing style is a HUGE complement.

Anyway, one of the other guys at church saw my book, and heard Don (study leader) comment to his wife that I had signed it. Bill, the other guy, got all wide eyed and looked over at the book and glanced at me and was like, really? That's your book? (his tone was impressed :) ). I confirmed that yes, I wrote it, and he was like, I heard you had written one but this is, it's real. (Did he think I had made it up? IDK lol) but then he said he might just go out and get a copy since Don was enjoying it. As a joke, I told him that he can now go around telling people he attends church with a published author who made a (admittedly small and minor) best seller list for clean and wholesome romance. He grinned and agreed.

(Strange to think that my reading audience would be straight men. I was aiming for women, hopeless romantics who like a little danger and intrigue along with their love stories. But, hey, I ain't knocking it. I think it's really cool and kinda funny at the same time.)

Anyway, I got my thrill for the night. What happened today to make you feel good? Whether it was something you did or something done for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment