Saturday, February 25, 2017

Humor in life

OK, stupid question. I find it difficult to type if my nails are too long. As in past the end of my fingertips. Which makes me wonder, can I claim a manicure as a business expense? I don't think it really counts, since I'm not a hand model and so how my fingers look isn't really essential to me being able to do my job.

But anyway. Have I mentioned I have the absolute best job in the world? I get to live in a fantasy land all day and get paid to do it and bring it to other people. It's great. Knowing I'm helping someone escape an unpleasant reality for somewhere infinitely more pleasant is a great feeling. To be able to help someone who may be suffering from depression escape that mind numbing sucking, soul killing feeling for even a few hours a day, it's indescribable. I know, I battle depression on a daily basis.

Some people have told me that I am very inappropriate with my humor. I make jokes and poke fun at things that are really serious, but in all honesty, that is my coping mechanism. If you have ever seen me take something really seriously, you know how long it takes me to fall apart. I can keep it together longer if I use humor. If you can't laugh at the situation, and expect me to burst into tears and cry about it, well, yea you need to move along. I might cry, but I will do it in private where you will never see. I learned how to do this from watching years of MASH, both when it originally aired and in reruns.

Wow I have gotten off on a tangent. So bad of one that I had to change the title of this post lol. Anyway, g'nite loves the world over. Hopefully I will be announcing my new book in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment