Friday, August 16, 2019

The Things We Do For Love

I hate politics. I really do. It's a money contest, and the ones with money, make more money because they have money. Politics, according to a trusted and dearly loved person close to me, is all about money. It's not about morals or integrity. It's not about rights and liberties. It's all about money. People get into politics to make money. I guess it disgusts me because I don't have money.

Reading about politicians and their antics is, to me, not very entertaining. It's like watching a bunch of ill mannered middle schoolers trying to out-shout each other on the playground, tripping and kicking each other when the coach isn't looking and crying foul if they are caught, because you know, it's not fair they got caught when the other person did the same thing and didn't get caught. It's all so juvenile. It really is. And leaves me with a feeling of disgust that we have elected these chronologically mature adults who have the mental and motional maturity of an amoeba. 

So why spend my precious time reading about politics?

Someone I love very much is very ill. This person LOVES politics. But has been insulated from it by just about everyone else, because most people find politics stressful, and right now, we will call this person A., needs to avoid stress. Thing is, not everyone is stressed by politics. A. thrives on politics. So, in order to give A what A thrives on, I have been reading up on politics, and telling A what this politician or that politician has been doing. It helps that A and I are pretty much on the same page when it comes to politics (other than my complete disgust of it), and I feel like A approves of my 'interest' in politics. I don't know if A realizes yet that the ONLY reason I am expressing an interest at all in politics is because A thrives on it and needs something to keep A's brain active and clicking, so A can recover from current maladies.

Ahh, the things we do for love...

No comments:

Post a Comment