Monday, August 5, 2019

Diabetes and Me

So, my doctor has given up on treating me for my diabetes, because apparently I'm too complex a case for him. I keep coming up allergic to medications they try putting me on, Metformin, Glimepiride, Actos. I'm to the point where I have to take Benadryl with my medicine so I don't have a severe reaction. I still have one, but it's not as severe.
I've gone out and tried to pull the ingredient lists for the medicines, to see if I could figure out what I'm reacting to. I've found 3 ingredients in common between Metformin and Glimepiride, but I have no way of checking on my own to see which I'm allergic to so we can find me something that doesn't have whichever one I'm allergic to. I'm frustrated and angry that I'm essentially being told I'm too complicated a case to be treated, and therefore I should just go off somewhere and die because the doctors only want easy cases to treat.
Guess it's a good thing I've let my balls drop and am willing to be my own advocate.

No comments:

Post a Comment