Saturday, August 17, 2019

Switching Gears

One of the most difficult things I have found about writing, aside from marketing because believe me, writing is easier than marketing, is getting my head out of the book I just finished writing and into the next one on the list to be written.

In this case, I'm having to pull my head out of Shelly Barnes's life and put it in her boss, Brooklyn Matthews's life. Not going to be easy, let me tell you. For one, Shelly was a cool character to write, resilient, resourceful, bright, but a bit of a mouse up til the end. Then she comes into her own in a big way. Brooklyn on the other hand, yeah. She's a lawyer, and a really good one at that. She's half of a power couple, her husband being the CFO of a Fortune 500 tech company. She's used to the good life. She's always been daddy's little girl. But now, she's done something he can't forgive her for. What is it? Guess you will have to read the book once it's finished to find out. Hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment