Monday, April 24, 2017

Gearing up for convention!!

Over the past couple weeks, things have been getting busy around here. I did a parade on April 1, got my books in (you can get a signed copy if you want to order from me directly, ping me on www.facebook.com/Kathleen.eyke.southernfamilyties I'll ship, but international is cost prohibitive, anywhere from $20 and up!)

I finished my first ever author takeover, it was so much fun and even though it was rather late at night for me, I think I had a fairly good audience and participation. I also did a give away of a signed copy of my book. Which reminds me, I'm going to be setting up another giveaway on goodreads and facebook. It's going to be for Mother's Day - the US one. The prize will be a signed copy of my book and a lovely pendant.

I'M ATTENDING CONVENTION!!!! Not as an author signing books, but as a general spectator. I need to attend one before I actually do one I think so I know what is going on. Also, it will be a great way for me to test the waters as it were, to see if my anxiety is really under control. I have issues with large crowds and enclosed spaces I can't get out of at will, like elevators.

The convention I'm going to is the RT Convention in Atlanta in two weeks. I'll be there on Thursday, and hopefully not freak out so bad I have to leave early. Those tickets are expensive, well, to me they are, but I think it's worth it to go. Anyway, I hope to meet some of you there, I'll be the giant wandering around looking shell shocked, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment