Wednesday, April 5, 2017

April Showers

If April Showers bring May Flowers, we should be in for a flower covered month! Severe weather Monday, more severe weather today, so severe in fact the schools closed today in anticipation of the weather. We never close schools for a rainstorm here in the south. Snow, yes, because we are woefully unprepared to deal with it. Rain? Not unless there is a name attached to the storm.

I personally woke up at about 3:30 am because of the thunder storm. Sounded like the train had jumped its track some 200 yards from the house and was trying to roll through my bedroom. Currently enjoying a calm before the next wave hits. Watching the radar is pretty much useless, since the storms are popping up so quickly you can't really track them. Adds a certain zest, edge to life, don't you think?

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for my publisher to get back with me on my second book. I'm working on my third while I wait. Book two, Family Lessons, is going to be a delight to those of you who have read book one, Family Fortune. In book two, we follow Emma's brother, Edmund, as he sets off on the journey of discovery, to find himself and his place in life. Along the way, he manages to prove he is his grandfather's heir, luck dodging his every step and turning everything he touches to gold. He tries to improve the town he's living in by bringing in a teacher for the children, never thinking she would have a past of her own she was trying to escape and start over herself. Wills clash as they fight their attraction. When her past catches up with her, things get really interesting.

Not going to tell you any more, it might give things away!

No comments:

Post a Comment