Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Things People Say that I can't stand

Dear Lord above, I know we all have a list of these. Some of mine include:
1. It'll feel better when it stops hurting. No, really? Imagine that.
2. Step up to the plate. Seriously, Baseball does NOT apply to any part of life other than, well, BASEBALL. Stop trying to use it to say people need to take on more responsibility. In reality, no one in baseball 'steps up to the plate' until it's their turn on the roster. Not before. They don't take on any more responsibility than they have to, they just do their job as assigned. It's not like they are putting forth any more effort than required of them. Find a new phrase.
3. Be Pacific. Who the heck wants to be an OCEAN? The word is SPECIFIC.
4. I want to sale you something. No, you want to SELL me something that is ON SALE. Please learn proper verb tense. I know it was covered in school.
5. I want to axe you a question. Really? I'm going to run away if you are going to AXE me. The word you want is ASK.
6. Me and Toby went to the movies. NO. Toby and I went to the movies. Geesh, did you ever show up for English class? Ever?

There are more, but these are the ones that most easily come to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment